TO ADD CAREER
- When an alarm sounds, many families, schools, health care facilities and businesses in northwest Greenwich must wait 15 minutes or more for emergency services to arrive. On average, they wait nearly 11 minutes.
- That's way too long. The lives of people, their pets, homes and personal property are at stake.
- Home to schools, nursing homes, churches, businesses and residences, District 10 is the largest geographic area in Greenwich but it is the only district forced to rely solely on volunteers. Volunteers are dedicated and well-trained, but they have other jobs and cannot commit to shifts. Every part of Greenwich needs and should have 24/7 professional coverage.
- Currently, when an alarm sounds in the northwest, fire resources are pulled from other districts. Adding a professionally staffed engine company in the northwest would benefit other parts of Town too, as they would not be left unattended during a northwest emergency. Additionally, new northwest resources would be available to help other districts in case of major incidents.
- Find out about getting involved in the campaign to get a professionally staffed NW Fire Station here.